The main reason for feeling unwell, along with lack of sleep, stress and fatigue, is the accumulation of harmful substances in the body that have a negative effect on all body functions. Slags clog blood vessels, accumulate in tissues and provoke the development of diseases. This process is aggravated by excessive consumption of alcohol, sweets, meat, unhealthy diet (fast food, semi-finished products) and uncontrolled medication. How to start a proper body cleanse is the main subject of this article. Note that you don’t have to do the detoxification procedure in a medical facility. You can also do it at home, using gentle methods: decoctions of medicinal herbs, natural juices and fermented dairy products.
What herbs eliminate toxins from the body?
The cause of ill health may be a high concentration of toxins in the body. They can provoke insomnia, loss of strength, headaches, reduced performance, digestive disorders and other health consequences. You can use herbs to detoxify your body.
The medicinal properties of milk thistle are indispensable for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. Substances contained in the plant protect and regenerate liver cells. Milk thistle contains trace elements such as potassium, magnesium, iron and calcium. Potassium and magnesium are responsible for the cardiovascular system and are necessary for the treatment of arrhythmias. They prevent blood clots and are an excellent prevention of heart attacks and strokes. Iron is necessary for the circulatory system, iron-containing products are a prevention of anemia.
The plant contains a unique substance silymarin, which is known for its antioxidant properties. Silymarin has beneficial effects on the liver and biliary tract. This substance contributes to strengthening cell membranes and cell building because it stimulates protein synthesis. Silymarin was scientifically proven effective, German scientists conducted a study and came to the conclusion that this substance prevents poisons from penetrating the liver cells and decomposes poisonous substances before they begin to have a detrimental effect on the human body. Silymarin was found to be the only substance that could protect liver cells and even restore their function.
Dandelion, or yellow chicory, is an excellent detox remedy. It contains bitter triterpenes and glycosides. The roots are particularly rich in taraxacin, taraxacerin and taraxolide – these are the substances that give it its specific, repulsive taste.
Dandelion bitters contribute to a comprehensive cleansing of the body of toxins due to a number of beneficial properties:
- Tonicization of the digestive system – improving the function of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, as well as eliminating stagnant processes in the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Improve the composition of blood and lymph due to purification of the liver and gallbladder. And, as a consequence, a beneficial effect on all organs and systems.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes by increasing the production of gastric digestive enzymes. A good metabolism is the main condition for the purification of the body.
- Antihelminthic effect – neutralization and removal of parasites from the body.
Some components of yellow chicory come into direct contact with toxins and neutralize them. For example, inulin, the concentration of which in the roots of the plant in the autumn period reaches 40%, removes radionuclides, salts of heavy metals, some pathogens and their waste products from the body. Pectins are also able to absorb and excrete harmful products of metabolism, heavy metals and poisons.
Note: Dandelion is an excellent prebiotic. It creates a comfortable environment for the reproduction of beneficial microflora in the human intestines.
Wormwood stimulates the appetite, improves the function of the gastrointestinal tract, increases the production of gastric juice, regulates metabolism, and tones up. The plant has a choleretic, diaphoretic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory activity. It is used to eliminate intestinal infestations.
Wormwood extract is included in the formulation of gatherings, ointments, tinctures and other pharmacological preparations. It is used to treat diseases of the digestive and nervous system, pancreas, skin and joint pathologies, pancreatitis. To detox 1 tsp. crushed wormwood pour 200 ml of boiling water and insist 30 minutes. The prepared infusion is strained and taken in the morning and evening 50 ml for 7 days. At the end of the therapeutic course the person normalizes the quality of sleep, and the metabolic processes are restored.
Due to its special composition, it suppresses inflammatory processes, destroys bacteria, has a diuretic and sedative effect. The alkaloids it contains reduce the excitability of the nervous system. Sanguinarine activates the salivary glands and stimulates the production of gastric juice. Saponins normalize the level of hemoglobin in the blood, liquefies and removes phlegm from the lungs.
Celandine affects the entire body – blood, lymph, internal organs and systems with a multi-component and thorough cleansing effect.
Other herbs for detox
- Nettle. With regular use, teas based on the plant remove toxic substances from the body, activate the kidneys, enhance immunity, cleanse the digestive tract, reduce the degree of allergic reactions in people prone to allergies. They can be drunk in courses of up to six months and in an amount not exceeding three cups a day.
- Senna. The main indication – the normalization of bowel function in constipation. The plant stimulates peristalsis, relieves and shows choleretic activity.
- Horsetail. The plant normalizes the water-salt balance, helps to cleanse the body of toxins and cholesterol. Means on its basis are taken three times a day, after meals.
- Flaxseeds. For a pronounced detox effect decoction of the seeds is taken at least 3 weeks, 150 ml 6 times a day. For its preparation, 12 tbsp. raw material is poured over 1 liter of boiled water and boiled over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Do not collect herbs near highways, industrial plants.
- Follow the terms and rules of storage of plants or pharmacy preparations.
- Before using any medicinal plant, consult a doctor.
- A few days before the body cleanse exclude from your diet salty, fried, smoked, sweet, fatty foods. To give up alcohol.
- The day before the detox you must have a day of discharge.
- Strictly adhere to the recipes and monitor your well-being. Should you experience any signs of discomfort, you should immediately stop detoxing and consult a doctor.
Foods that cleanse the body
If you need to perform a complete detoxification of the body, it is better to contact a specialist. At home, the following products will help to cleanse the body:
- Lemon. The most effective cleansing product. It effectively dissolves toxins and salts, removes carcinogens from the body, increases immune protection, and has a rejuvenating effect. You should eat half a lemon a day or drink a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Celery. Strengthens the stomach, effectively removes stale toxins, toxins and salts from the intestines, increases male strength. Celery will help to restore blood pressure and reduce the density of the blood after severe alcoholic intoxication.
- Tartar. Normalizes digestive function, helps to lose weight, effectively gets rid of acne. To cleanse the body of toxins, tar should be taken 5 drops a day for a month.
- Garlic. Known to everyone as an excellent preventive agent against flu and acute respiratory infections. Its essential oils are used to kill fungi, bacteria, viruses, treat papillomas. In order to protect the body from the accumulation of toxins and slags, it is enough to eat two cloves of garlic a day.
- Beets. Excellent cleanses the walls of the stomach and intestines, strengthens blood vessels, prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Wheat sprout juice. Sprouted wheat grains contain magnesium and zinc, which effectively strengthen the skin, improve central nervous system and brain, effectively removes toxins from the body.
- Rice is one of the most effective products for cleansing the body. It has a gentle effect, relaxing the intestines and helping to eliminate toxins from the body painlessly.
There are a lot of recipes for cleansing the body. But while some of them, such as herbal teas, are gentle enough and do not act aggressively, others can harm the body. Therefore, you should not rely on reviews about how effective weight loss with hay or cleansing with dry wormwood. After all, such methods can lead to severe side effects.
Such methods can only be practiced by healthy people who have previously discussed such weight loss schemes with a doctor. But in general, with the help of herbal gatherings and individual herbs can really significantly improve health, cleanse the body and increase immunity